Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Dream House


I found out today that A.A. Milne's house is for sale. It also turns out that it's just about the prettiest house I've ever seen. (Click here for pictures.)

I think I've mentioned once or twice that I have a great and resounding love for Winnie the Pooh. Just in case any of you didn't believe me, it really, really is very true. I wear a Winnie the Pooh necklace every day. I have more Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals and figurines and snowglobes and movies than you can possibly imagine. I have a Winnie the Pooh themed office, complete with Winnie the Pooh paint colors. The walls are "Pooh's Favorite Things" and the little bumble bees I stenciled along the top of each wall are "Hunny Pot Purple." I even briefly toyed with the idea of getting a Winnie the Pooh tattoo (and went so far as to have an artist friend draw it for me) before I decided that tattoos and I just aren't meant to be. One of the readings at my wedding was from, you guessed it, Winnie the Pooh. Then we went to Disney World on our "Hunny-moon" (and yes, my husband let me call it that), where I literally cried tears of joy after I got a hug from my favorite silly old bear. Here's a picture of me and Pooh Bear:


Don't let the shirt fool you. I wasn't grumpy at all.

I'm telling you all of this so you can understand just how truly and utterly excited I was when I found out that A.A. Milne's house is for sale. For me, living there would be like living in a fairy tale. I honestly cannot think of a single place in the world I'd rather be. Even if it means I have to move to another country. Below is the conversation I had on gchat with my husband immediately after finding out.

me:  WE ARE MOVING
WE ARE MOVING RIGHT NOW
THIS IS NOT UP FOR DISCUSSION
QUIT YOUR JOB AND GO HOME
START PACKING
THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!!!!!!!!

husband:  ????

me:  http://curbed.com/archives/2012/05/15/aa-milnes-real-life-house-at-pooh-corner-hits-the-market.php

husband:  tell you what
you find the 3.22M (legally) and I'll move

me:  damn you and your parentheses! 

husband:  here's the plan
find a wealthy investor who likes your writing, tell him or her to buy you that house for inspiration and you'll write whatever book they want

Which brings me to the ultimate point of this post. There isn't any chance that any of you, my beloved followers, are billionaire philanthropists, is there?

No?

Oh well. It was worth a shot.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Crap. I don't have $3.22 million, either. And that little turrety thing in the yard is just begging to be an office. Also, now I feel really bad that I just gave away all our Winnie the Pooh books to a lady at the dump.

    ReplyDelete